Who We’re Looking For
You’re not the average UI developer. You want a challenge. You appreciate elegant design and you live and breathe usability. You think that the true measure of a software product is where it meets the user and user experience isn’t just a career choice for you – it’s your passion. You recognize the value of component-based design and the ability to rapidly prototype applications from code you’ve already written for something else. You appreciate structure and organization. You’re deliberate in how you go about designing software and you recognize the value of solid unit testing, TDD, and continuous integration. You hate doing the same thing twice and you’re always looking for ways to improve processes and performance. You’re a self-starter and you don’t mind wearing different hats if that’s what the team needs. You thrive in a startup culture because you know you can bring clarity on the path forward and you aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
About the Position
As a Frontend Software Engineer at Pointivo, your mission will be to design and build the best possible user experience for our products. You’ll have a unique opportunity to build products unlike any other. You’ll be working with technologies like Angular, HTML5/CSS, Three.js / WebGL, 3D models, web-based CAD-like wireframing, point cloud visualizations, GIS mapping systems. You’ll also help us build out component libraries (“legos”), create test harnesses, write unit tests, etc.
- Experience building client libraries against REST APIs
- Experience in CI/CD, automated integration tests (Jenkins); TDD mindset
- Familiarity with GitHub and SCM-related tools
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum/Kanban development methodologies
- Ability to visualize concepts through sketching, drawing, etc.
Bonus Points (non-essential)
- Experience with 3D/2D geometry and related mathematical concepts
- Experience building/integrating 3D-based libraries (e.g. Three.js, WebGL, Potree, Cesium, Unity3D)
- Familiarity with coordinate systems, mapping systems (Mapbox, Google Maps, Bing, ArcGIS)
- Familiarity with mobile app development (iOS, Android, etc)
- Familiarity with VR/AR UI development
- Experience in modern server-side languages Kotlin, Java, Python, C#, or C++
- Experience with middle-ware technologies (MongoDB, CouchDB, RabbitMQ, etc)
Apply for this Job
Apply for this Job filling the form below.